Monday, July 2, 2012

DIY: air plant octopus! a cute tute!

I was looking around on etsy the other day and stumbled upon some really cool air plants. I remember my parents having air plants around, and I always wondered how they lived without soil. I couldn't stop thinking about them so I went to our local nursery and picked one up. The plant itself was really affordable (like $6 bucks!) and since they seem to live forever I thought it was even more reasonable. There are quite a few varieties of air plants (Thanks google!) but my nursery seemed to mostly have the one that I picked up. They vary in size and shape as well, but since I knew that I wanted one to resemble an octopus I looked for one with long shapely leaves? stems? I dunno, but you know what I mean.

I really liked the way it turned out, so I thought I would share! It was really easy, so much in fact that Poppy made her own right along with me!









1 comment:

Sherry said...

that is so stinkin' cute!